Tuesday, November 16, 2010

RED & NAVY & PLAID

so i finally got my hands on a red & navy plaid wool jacket!  a coat of this sort has been on my need list for quite a while so i'm happy to have checked it off.  i really like this one for not only the great pattern but also the juxtaposition of the beautiful italian wool that is paired with the rugged-masculine details that are all over the garment: a chunky rib collar, diamond quilted lining on the interior, lived-in look to the fabric, double pockets, etc.  overall, it is a really well done jacket and you can tell it is quite high-quality and going to last a long time - which is good because red & navy plaid jackets aren't going anywhere any time soon.

those who know me personally would not consider me the most masculine man they know; throw a football my way and i'll side step to avoid it faster than you can say, "catch!"  i  like this jacket because it adds a nice (and maybe needed?) dash of rugged masculinity to my otherwise non-stereotypically masculine personality.  i can wear this one with my new boots (well, once the brown ones i ordered this past weekend arrive), jeans, and a woven shirt and just might give off a lumberjack vibe (well, at least in my dreams i do).  i'm positive that this jacket is going to become a staple in my fall / winter wardrobe and look forward to sharing many butch moments with it in the near future.  




jump series fail!  i'm really in need of a workshop for successfully taking your own photo...




jacket - abercrombie & fitch

No comments:

Post a Comment